This degree takes students from the core of the atom to the hearts of galaxies, all in an effort to understand how the universe works. This Physics-rich program also grounds the student in advanced math and calculus.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Physics?
Have you ever thought about very small things, like the inside of an atom? If you look for patterns in nature's behavior, then maybe you're a physicist in the making. By pursuing a physics degree at Northern Arizona University, you can indulge your scientific curiosity and prepare for a career in a technical field or as a professional scientist.
You will become immersed in the science of physics, which uses mathematics to describe why and how things work. Here, you will be encouraged to think independently and to join in faculty research projects on optics, material science, and quantum mechanics. You'll benefit from close contact with faculty as well as our array of high-tech instruments.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Industrial researcher
- Scientific programmer
- National lab team member
- Defense industry team member
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- University professor
- Medical physicist
- Industrial engineer
- Optical engineer
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More