Description of the Program
The curriculum is organized in modules covering the Introductory courses in nature sciences (24 credits), Common courses (52 credits) for all physics students (basic courses in mathematics, physics and informatics). The courses related the specializations in Applied physics cover the advanced topics in experimental and theoretical physics, the necessary courses in mathematics and informatics. The focus of the specialization in Informatics in physics is data acquisition, signal processing in LabView, database management and programming in C# language. The students will familiarize themselves with the most modern instrumentation.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, register on our application site (https://apply.pte.hu/), and start your application.
- Fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Official copy of the language exam certificate
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.
Examples of Subjects During the Studies
- Computer Technology
- Linear Algebra
- Introductory Mechanics Lecture
- Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Waves and Optics
- Computer Programming
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- CAD Laboratory
- Classical Mechanics
- Physics and Electronics
- Numerical Methods
- Programming in MATLAB
- Discrete Mathematics
- Terahertz Spectroscopy
- Quantum Mechanics
- Modern Optics
- Optical Measurement Methods
About the School
The creation of the University of Pécs was first initiated by King Louis the Great in 1367. Today, the University of Pécs is one of the most prestigious institutions in the country, where there are te ... Read More