Mechatronics is the design methodology of systems based on multidisciplinary engineering approaches. Most modern systems such as consumer products, manufacturing machines, or even exotic measurement devices must be designed to comply with several constraints at the same time, including complex behavior, mechanical and electronic precision, low cost, low power consumption, environmental friendliness, networked operation, smart interaction with users and work in uncertain environments. Their design requires engineers who are fluent in such disciplines as electronics, mechanics, computers, control, and other areas like optics and material science.
The mechatronics program at Sabanci University aims to educate creative individuals who can apply ideas from all such disciplines to design today's complex systems. The approach is supported by a curriculum seamlessly integrating the diverse disciplines, while being hands-on and research-oriented from the undergraduate education, utilizing our comprehensive research infrastructure used for the industrial projects and fundamental research conducted by the program members.
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of the Mechatronics Engineering (ME) Program at Sabancı University
- Work in engineering, research and development, production, operations and management departments of national or international companies as engineers who can solve technical problems, take initiative, develop and execute projects, collaborate with others in a team and take the responsibilities of a leader;
- Complete masters and Ph.D. programs of respected universities by conducting original research in related disciplines or in interdisciplinary topics, contribute to the scientific community with novel research activities, and continue their field in permanent academic positions;
- Start-up high-tech companies based on societal demands, national needs, and competitive international markets and act as technology leaders;
With the scientific foundations, awareness of professional ethics, multi-disciplinary engineering formation, software and hardware knowledge, modeling, analysis and design skills and experiences that they acquire throughout their undergraduate education.
ME Program Outcomes
Common Outcomes of Our Undergraduate Programs at SU:
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values, and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship, and engage in life-long learning in various subjects.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical, and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team, and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes of Our Undergraduate Programs at FENS:
- Possess sufficient knowledge of mathematics, science, and program-specific engineering topics; use theoretical and applied knowledge of these areas in complex engineering problems.
- Identify, define, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems; choose and apply suitable analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- Develop, choose, and use modern techniques and tools that are needed for analysis and solution of complex problems faced in engineering applications; possess knowledge of standards used in engineering applications; use information technologies effectively.
- Ability to design a complex system, process, instrument, or a product under realistic constraints and conditions, with the goal of fulfilling specified needs; apply modern design techniques for this purpose.
- Design and conduct experiments, collect data, analyze, and interpret the results to investigate complex engineering problems or program-specific research areas.
- Knowledge of business practices such as project management, risk management, and change management; awareness on innovation; knowledge of sustainable development.
- Knowledge of the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, health, and societal context; knowledge of contemporary issues; awareness on legal outcomes of engineering solutions; understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
Mechatronics Engineering Undergraduate Program Specific Outcomes:
- Familiarity with concepts in statistics and optimization, knowledge in basic differential and integral calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, complex variables, multivariable calculus, as well as physics and computer science, and ability to use this knowledge in modeling, design, and analysis of complex dynamical systems containing hardware and software components.
- Ability to work in the design, implementation, and integration of engineering applications, such as electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, control, and computer systems that contain software and hardware components, including sensors, actuators, and controllers.
At SU, students have the chance to choose their majors after their first or second academic year. This allows students to decide what program to study at university with greater understanding about higher education and about their own academic and career interests and talents.
Medium of Instruction and Language Proficiency
The medium of instruction at Sabancı University is English. All undergraduates are required to take the Sabancı University English Language Assessment Exam (ELAE). Students who pass this exam begin their undergraduate programs while those who do not meet the standards of English language proficiency enroll into School of Languages. School of Languages is the English prep school where students learn English for one semester or one year depending on their English proficiency level.
The students who can certify that they have passed one of the national and/or international foreign language examinations at a level determined by the university are entitled to begin undergraduate programs. Please visit our website to learn more about accepted exams and scores for prep school exemption: https://www.sabanciuniv.edu/en/faculties-programs-exemption-exams
International Students may directly apply to undergraduate programs offered at Sabancı University. Students who are in the last year of high school or graduated from a school equivalent to Turkish high schools may apply to undergraduate programs at Sabancı University.
Before online application
You will be asked to upload the following documents, so you need to have scanned versions of each of these ready for upload. Completed applications are reviewed on a continuous basis and you will be informed via e-mail.
All documents regarding the application must be submitted with the online application form. It is required to submit an online application between the dates stated below.
- First Day of Application Period: January 2, 2020
- Last Day for Applications: July 30, 2020 (Online application form will be closed at 16:00 with Turkish time)
Required Documents for Application
- Online Application Form.
- The copy of the exam/diploma result(s) accepted by the University (Sabanci University SAT Code: 7100). Please see the list of accepted exam(s)/Diploma(s) and minimum requirements, here.
- If available, the copy of High School Diploma (if in another language rather than Turkish or English, a notarized translation should also be submitted).
- An official transcript, showing all courses and grades taken in the entire high school education, signed and stamped by the high school authority. (It is required to upload official transcript in the online application form).
- If taken before, a copy of the language proficiency exam scores accepted by Sabancı University. (Not mandatory)
- If available, 1 academic letter of recommendation and Statement of Purpose (Not mandatory)
Scholarship Opportunities for International Students
International students have the opportunity to gain admission scholarshipat Sabancı University. Every international candidate who applies to SU is evaluated for a scholarship automatically when they fullfill the application requirements.
Scholarships are merit-based. International students have the chance to win different tier tuition-waiver scholarships such as: 100%, 75%, 50%, 25% scholarships. There is also a limited number of dormitory scholarships available at a room for four people.
International Student Applications for Undergraduate Programs
Applications for undergraduate programs are now open. You can reach the application form here.
Follow Us on Social Media
About the School
With science, technology, and social structures advancing day by day, the world needs more qualified individuals who possess the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career anywhere in the world. ... Read More