- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal duration: 3,5 years (210 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering)
- Tuition fee: € 2850
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: June 30 / November 30
- Studies commence: September 1 / February 1
Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
The study programme in Mechanical Engineering provides students with knowledge of equipment design, manufacturing, maintenance, operation, and other. For contemporary enterprises, modern production or processing, as well as their control technologies, are of primary importance. Therefore, they need highly qualified specialists knowledgeable about the contemporary production and processing technologies, the equipment, and the principles of its control, who are able to independently conduct research topical for the process of production, to summarize the findings, and to implement them.
The structure of the curriculum
The main courses in the curriculum include Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanics of Materials, Computer-aided Design, Dynamic of Machines, Quality Management, Intro to Mechatronics and Automatic Control Systems, Management of Business and Engineering Projects, Manufacturing Technology, etc.
Graduates of the Mechanical Engineering study programme can be employed as mechanical engineers in various industrial enterprises (food, chemicals, furniture, textiles, etc.); as engineers-constructors in design enterprises; or as project managers, executive directors, or heads of departments or companies in commercial corporations. They can continue in the 2nd cycle (graduate) studies.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique among its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania