Description of the Program
The basic courses include Logics, Computer science, Linear algebra, Number theory, Calculus, Geometry, Probability theory and statistics, and Game theory. Advanced courses include Mathematical programming and Operations research, Group theory, Computer algebra, Numerical methods, and applied computer science. The courses usually constitute of two parts: a lecture and a problem-solving seminar, each worth 2 or 3 credits, depending on the nature of the topic. In addition to the 120 credits which have to be collected from the courses, 60 credits for the preparation of the thesis completes the 180 credits required for finishing the course.
The bachelor course in mathematics is the basis for the Master (MSc) line of applied mathematics (with a special focus on operations research) available at the University of PÃ©cs as well as other MSc courses available at other universities.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, register on our application site (https://apply.pte.hu/), and start your application.
- Fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of PÃ©cs:
Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- A medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- An official copy of the language exam certificate
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of PÃ©cs. A B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.
Examples of Subjects During the Studies
- Linear Algebra
- Introduction to Algebra and Number Theory
- Introduction to Analysis
- Introduction to Geometry
- Algebra and Number Theory
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
- Elementary Mathematics
- History of Mathematics
- Game Theory
- English Mathematical Terminology
- Counting Problems
- Graphic Topology
- Lectures from the Theory of Infinite Series
About the School
The creation of the University of Pécs was first initiated by King Louis the Great in 1367. Today, the University of Pécs is one of the most prestigious institutions in the country, where there are te ... Read More