We designed this degree for those students who are customer focused. Students will complete coursework related to customer desires, customer satisfaction, and customer processes. Students will focus on distribution and research as well as communication and sales.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Marketing?
How can we get customers who visit our website to make a purchase? Who would be a great spokesperson for the brand; should it be a successful athlete, well-known celebrity, doctor or a past customer? What information do we need to collect from customers to assess their satisfaction with our goods and services? What does customer purchase data reveal? What changes can we make within the service environment of the airport, bank, fitness center or zoo to improve the customer experience? How can we attract volunteers and donors to support our non-profit? How can we motivate our sales team and develop long-term relationships with our customers? If these are the kinds of problems you’d love to solve, then a marketing degree at NAU may be just right for you!
A marketing degree prepares you for a wide variety of positions. Marketing skills can be applied in all for-profit and non-profit industries including financial services, healthcare, retailing, professional sports, governments, and education. You will learn to:
- understand various facets of consumer behavior
- develop customer surveys
- analyze customer behavior and purchase data
- create marketing strategies for goods and services; for non-profit and for-profit organizations
- Classes include experiential and applied projects. Students may also choose to participate in marketing internships to gain valuable experience.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Customer support/service
- Brand/product manager
- Marketing research
- Public relations specialist
- Sales representative/manager
- Retail buyer
- Social media manager
- Integrated communications specialist
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More