- Duration (years): 4
- Qualification Awarded: Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems
- Level of Qualification: Bachelor Degree (1st Cycle)
- Language of Instruction: English (First and second-year courses offered also in Greek)
- Mode of Study: Full-time or Part-time
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 240
Profile of the Programme
With the continuous advancements in Information Communication Technologies (ICT), organisations seek employees with progressive managerial skills and competencies that focus on the appropriate use of ICT as a key enabler of their business success.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) major, which is run by the Department of Management & MIS is a unique specialisation that combines Information Technology, Management and Economics. The programme is designed to equip students with the necessary technical knowledge, management, problem-solving, organisational and communication skills necessary for them to manage the design and development of systems-related solutions for companies.
Following a student-centred approach, the MIS programme will provide students with the necessary hands-on skills required for a rich career path that focuses on business, technology, training and support of information system users.
- Preparation for professional certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) - the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers
- Microsoft Professional (SQL Server Administrator, Data Warehousing, etc.)
- Task-Based Internships and the Erasmus Student Mobility Programme offer students opportunities to build their professional and personal connections in Cyprus and abroad before they graduate.
The biggest advantage that MIS graduates have compared to other technical profession graduates is the flexibility to seek career opportunities wherever IT is used in business, industry, and government. Career paths include:
- IT Consultant
- Information Systems Manager
- Application Development Specialist
- Business Intelligence Specialist
- E-Business Enterprise Systems Expert
- Decision Support Specialist
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer
- Network and Database Administrator
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer/Data Security Analyst
- System Analyst
- Website Development and Management Expert
- Knowledge Management and Business Analyst
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Second Cycle degrees (Master’s Degree)
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, mid-terms, projects, and class participation.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
The student must complete 240 ECTS and all programme requirements.
A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required. Thus, although a ‘D-‘ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
On completion of the programme the student will be able to:
- Improve organisational processes with information technology solutions.
- Address information requirements in the organisation and exploit opportunities created by technological innovations.
- Analyse trade-offs and identify, evaluate, and procure solution and sourcing alternatives.
- Manage and control IT risks, and secure data and infrastructure.
- Manage ongoing information technology operations and IS projects.
- Ensure alignment between IT strategy and organisational strategy to ensure business continuance.
- Improve various stakeholders’ experience in interacting with the organisation and ensure high-quality user experience.
- Design and implement applications, application architectures, and integrated systems.
- Manage and exploit organisational data and information; design data and information models.
- Manage existing information systems, ICT resources, and the relationships with technology service providers.
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.
About the School
UNIC is the largest university in Cyprus, with over 12,000+ students, from over 70 countries across the globe, coming together in an innovative and transformative learning space.