Challenging and Exciting Education
Are you interested in the natural sciences and want to look beyond the boundaries of a single discipline? Or do you want to focus on one discipline and become an expert in that specific field? The Maastricht Science Programme offers you the opportunity to explore the natural sciences and to build a unique academic profile based on your personal interests and ambitions. Every semester, your personal academic advisor guides you in selecting courses from fields as diverse as biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, neuroscience and various interdisciplinary fields such as biomedical engineering and entrepreneurship. You can focus on a single discipline, or you can combine multiple disciplines in a single degree.
Why this programme?
Our global society is facing complex challenges in diverse areas such as energy, life sciences, nutrition, materials and the transition to a more sustainable economy. Many of these challenges are interdisciplinary, requiring a new generation of scientists who are capable of looking across traditional boundaries between scientific disciplines.
At Maastricht Science Programme, we introduce a new approach to education in the natural sciences that is based on the Liberal Arts & Sciences tradition. Gone are the conventional disciplinary boundaries. We challenge you to create your own curriculum, chosen from a wide range of disciplines, guided by advisors and driven by your own skills, interests and ambitions.
Do you want to focus on one discipline and become an expert in that specific field or do you prefer to combine disciplines and work on multidisciplinary knowledge and skills? Everything is possible at Maastricht Science Programme. Download the brochure for more information.
- A unique innovative programme in the natural sciences
- Small scale college community within an excellent research university
- Open curriculum with broad offering in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and interdisciplinary subjects
- Personalized study programme consisting of one or more disciplines
- Student-centered with a focus on personal development
- International classroom and outlook
- State of the art laboratory facilities at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus
- Embedded in the region interacting with businesses and organizations
- Preparation for Master’s programmes at highly ranked university
Hit Play and get a feel for the atmosphere