This degree is the perfect fit for students who are interested in hospitality, particularly those who have a passion for traveling and working abroad. Students who pursue this degree focus on international hospitality and business courses, increase their language proficiency skills, study abroad for one semester, and complete a professional internship in the hospitality industry.
This degree is nationally recognized by the Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management?
Are you willing to commit to a semester abroad? Are you willing to commit to additional language requirements and business courses to further enhance your opportunities in the international business arena? These are valuable traits for a hospitality career in a field that is not only broad but also growing and Northern Arizona University can help.
By pursuing this degree, you will receive rigorous training to become a leader in the global hospitality industry. You will take one term of studies abroad, and will partner with one of our study abroad programs in Holland, England, Germany, Aruba, Mexico, Macao, and Australia. All participating schools offer instruction in English.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Hotel Management
- Restaurant Management
- Club and Spa Management
- Culinary Arts
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Food and Beverage Director
- Rooms Division Director
- General Manager
- Restaurant Manager/Owner
- Restaurant Chain Senior Management
- Hotel Chain Senior Management
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More