This degree prepares students for the job market in areas such as clinical exercise physiology as well as for entry into graduate programs in the exercise sciences or professional programs in the health professions.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science?
The biological sciences encompass numerous cutting-edge disciplines. Each offers a multitude of exciting career paths. One of the most exciting is the growing field of exercise science. By studying exercise science at Northern Arizona University, you can prepare for a career in clinical exercise physiology, working in areas such as cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, or for admission to graduate or professional school in areas such as medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician’s assistant, or other health care fields. You'll receive plenty of personal attention from faculty in the classroom, in research laboratories, and in our Biology Advisement Center. Numerous undergraduate research opportunities involve you in the process and application of science. And you can take advantage of our location on the Colorado Plateau, which offers a high quality of life with many excellent destinations for field projects and recreation.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Medical corporations
- Biological testing laboratories
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Personal trainer
- University professor
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More