Available Emphasis Areas:
- Applied Geology - Emphasis
- Applied Mathematics - Emphasis
- Administration and Policy - Emphasis
- Biology - Emphasis
- Chemistry - Emphasis
- Environmental Communication - Emphasis
- Environmental Management - Emphasis
Please note that not all emphases are available online. Check with your adviser for additional information.
This degree encourages students to explore the many faces of the environmental sciences, including living and non-living components. Students will receive an overall grounding in essential sciences, with options to delve into the human dynamics of the environment, such as policy and management.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences?
If it's science you love, we offer a B.S in Environmental Sciences. There is no minor required, instead, you choose one of seven emphasis areas: Biology; Chemistry; Applied Geology; Environmental Administration and Policy; Environmental Communication; or Environmental Management.
Contact our advisors for more information. To view the course requirements for the Environmental Science degree programs, visit the Details Tab.
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More