- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal Duration: 4 years (240 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Humanities Sciences)
- Tuition fee: â¬2400
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programs is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: â¬55. For other students: â¬150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: June 30
- Studies commence: September 1
Bachelor in English and Another Foreign Language (Swedish, Spanish, German)
Not only is the following study program based on common linguistic studies in English, but also on practically applied English and another language (Swedish, Spanish, German) studies, and aims to prepare competent specialists in linguistics, who shall be able to apply linguistic knowledge and communicative competences in a creative manner when interacting in two foreign languages. The program may be viewed as highly relevant: due to Lithuania's geopolitical position and peculiarities of the labor market, it is necessary to have specialists fluent in two foreign languages, as well as possess fundamental linguistic knowledge and high-level communication skills.
The aim of the program is to train specialists proficient in linguistics, provide them with fundamental linguistic knowledge, high-level communicative competences in English and another foreign language (Swedish, Spanish, German) relevant on the labor market. Future-specialists shall be able to analyze and study the following languages in an intercultural range, shall gain the basics of translation and be capable of applying their knowledge when communicating and collaborating with people in two foreign languages.
The structure of the curriculum
English Language (1-8), Introduction to Linguistics, English Language Structure (1-4), History and Culture of Great Britain, Intercultural Communication, Swedish/Spanish/German Language (1-8), Swedish/Spanish/German Language Structure (1-4), English Lexicology, Basics of Research Paper Writing, Trends in Modern Linguistics, Seminar in Linguistics, Literary Seminar, English Stylistics, Translation Theory and Practice (English â Lithuanian â English), Swedish/Spanish/German Culture and Society, Applied Rhetoric, Text Linguistics, Translation Practicum (Swedish/ Spanish/German â Lithuanian), Special Topics in Linguistics (in Swedish/in Spanish/in German).
Intended learning outcomes of the following study program correspond to the areas of occupational activities, according to which trained specialists shall be able to:
- Pursue a career in the KlaipÄda City Municipality; KlaipÄda Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts; local, international insurance companies; KlaipÄda city and regional tourist information centers; cultural, educational information centers; Lithuanian sea shipping and other marine organizations; translation departments of city and regional newspaper offices KlaipÄda, VakarÅ³ ekspresas, magazine JÅ«ra, and other city or regional institutions and bodies.
- Continue their studies in MA study programs in the field of linguistics or find jobs in any other region in Lithuania, EU, or worldwide (international institutions or business offices). The program allows the realization of competences in a broad geographical and cultural sense and is not focused on the needs of the Western Lithuania region only.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in the marine field.
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide.
- Wide range of programs.
- International studies in English.
- Young and rapidly growing.
- High-quality education for a reasonable price.
- A member of the European Union.
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe.
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany).
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania.
About the School
Klaip?da University started its academic activities with three faculties (those of Marine Engineering, Pedagogy, and Humanities and Natural Sciences) and about 3,000 students.