As an Electronic Engineer. you will design and develop electronic equipment in many different contexts, for example, equipment in vehicles, industrial systems, home automation systems, energy control systems, or autonomous systems.
You become part of a project-based and problem-based study environment where you work in project groups.
You and your fellow students:
- Are responsible for planning and carrying out the project
- Must work together and meet the deadlines
- Solve problems for companies
- Have access to a dedicated space for project work.
In the sixth semester, you will write your bachelor project – often in cooperation with a company.
First job guarantee
As an engineering student at SDU Sønderborg, you are guaranteed your first job when you finish your MSc studies (applies for students starting from September 2020).
This is a three-year bachelor program on top of which you can study a two-year master's program. The program is taught in English.
During the semester projects you will be working with the following themes:
- Discover the Electronic Development Process
- Build Industrial Electronics.
- Develop Intelligent Dynamic Electronic Systems.
- Design of Embedded Architectures.
- Experts in Teams
- Bachelor Project and further specialization
Electronics and computer engineers are, for example, qualified to develop mobile phones, robots, and surveillance systems.
Graduates will have competencies in fields characterized by rapid technological change – and have a great impact on the development of society. You are qualified for work in the private as well as in the public sector.
Generally speaking, electronic and computer engineers work with development, project engineering, counseling, sales, and management.
You could work in, for example:
- Medical equipment
- Computers and data network
- Control and surveillance systems
- Telecommunication: Fixed line and mobile phones, TV, Radio, etc.
- Video and television technology
- Electrical devices and appliances: From stoves to power plants
- Software development
- Control and automation of production processes
- Industrial electronics.
About the School
University of Southern Denmark has created an institution of higher research and education which provides first-class educational opportunities and is cooperation partner for both public and private b ... Read More