“Good teaching is more a giving of the right questions than a giving of the right answers,” said Josef Albers, designer and educator. This degree provides future teachers with the tools to stimulate their students to learn and to question. The plan includes grounding in teaching methods and best practices, as well as an understanding of issues and challenges faced by today’s and tomorrow’s schools.
This program is nationally recognized by the Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc.
This program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (N.C.A.T.E.).
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Education in Elementary Education?
No job is more challenging, rewarding, or important than teaching small children. As an elementary educator, you'll help shape the character—and future—of every child in your classroom. It's a big responsibility. Our elementary education program will prepare you to succeed.
For more than a century, Northern Arizona University has produced leaders for America's schools. Our graduates have a 98 percent pass rate on the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment exam. The College of Education is technologically advanced, culturally responsive, and student-focused. Our small class sizes guarantee that you will receive lots of individual attention. You'll also do plenty of classroom teaching.
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
- West Valley
- South Mountain
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More