Available Emphasis Areas:
- Computer Engineering - Emphasis
- Electrical Engineering - Emphasis
This degree is the first step towards immediate employment or further study in electrical engineering. It opens the door to technical exploration in design, production, renewable energy, and future problem-solving.
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Electrical Engineering?
Can you imagine what your world would be like without electric lights, your IPod and IPad, your smartphone, your refrigerator, air conditioning, cars, planes, computers, pacemakers, CAT scanners, and other medical equipment? Have you taken apart a radio or computer, just for fun? Are you fascinated by the micro-miniature world of the electronic chips that we find in almost every piece of technology we use every day? Do you want to help solve some of the grand challenges of our society? Then you could be wired for a high-powered career in electrical or computer engineering.
We will challenge your inquisitive mind and prepare you to succeed through an emphasis on innovation, real-world applications, and evolving technologies. Learn the technical and people skills employers are looking for in our innovative and award-winning Design4Practice Program. Develop your tech-savvy by using industry caliber design, simulation, and analysis tools. Build your teamwork, communication, and thinking skills by collaborating on student design projects.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Consumer products
- Communication and entertainment technologies
- Medical products
- Power industry
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Sustainable designer
- Research and development
- Electrical engineering management
- Inventor and innovator
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More