- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal duration: 3.5 years (210 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Engineering Sciences)
- Tuition fee: €2850
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: Spring Intake – November 30, Fall Intake – June 30
- Studies commence February 1 / September 1
Bachelor in Electrical Engineering
The study program in Electrical Engineering provides students with the knowledge of industrial automation equipment and their system design, maintenance and operation, programming of industrial control and drive systems, knowledge of electronics and electrical energetics. As the new technologies and automation of industry arise, specialists of industrial automation and robotics are of big importance for the production and engineering companies. Therefore, they need highly qualified specialists knowledgeable about the contemporary electrical, electronics, automation, power supply network or robotic system engineering and automation technologies and their design, the equipment and the principles of its control. These specialists will be able to make a decision on engineering issues on the novelty level and are able to independently conduct research topical for the process of production, to summarize the findings, and to implement them.
The structure of the curriculum
The main courses in the curriculum include Materials Science and Engineering, Computer-aided Design, Information Technologies, Principals of Electrical Engineering, Electromagnetic Field Theory, Electronics, Microcontrollers and Microprocessors, PLC and Industrial Communication, Electrical Machines and Drives, Sensors, Mechatronics, Automatic Control Systems, Robotics, Electrical Energetics, Management of Business and Engineering Projects, Practice, etc.
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering study program can be employed as electrical, electronics, automation or robotics engineers in various industrial enterprises (food, chemicals, furniture, textiles, etc.); as electrical engineers in electrical systems, electrical network or automation system design enterprises; or as project managers, executive directors, or heads of departments or companies in commercial corporations. They can continue in the 2nd cycle (graduate) studies.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak the foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania
About the School
Klaip?da University started its academic activities with three faculties (those of Marine Engineering, Pedagogy, and Humanities and Natural Sciences) and about 3,000 students.