The Mission of the Electrical Engineering Programme is:
- to provide undergraduate and graduate educational programmes with fundamental electrical engineering skills such that:
- its graduates are competitive in local, regional, national employment opportunities and are also ready to pursue higher degrees.
- their core curricula are broadly based to accommodate a variety of career goals.
- to provide researches that lead to the development of new technologies and/or new products.
- to establish and maintain life‐long learning opportunities.
Distinctive features of the programme
The BUE delivers programmes based on a British philosophy of education. This results in programmes that are very much focused on the student rather than those who deliver the material. Graduates from UK programmes typically exhibit:
- the ability to think creatively and with strong problem-solving skills;
- high-level key and transferable skill sets;
- the ability to maintain independently a high level of professional and subject-specific (often through CPD);
- technical competence;
- the ability to conceptualise problems at a high level (i.e. to see the big picture);
- diligent and ethical working practices;
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- flexibility and the ability to apply their subject-specific knowledge to fields outside their own.
Furthermore, this programme is delivered both with a local and UK flavour giving students the opportunity to gain an appreciation of national and international perspectives on many aspects of professional life. This includes management techniques, business culture, legal frameworks and standards.
The BUE Mission is to be the leading provider of high-quality UK style education in the MENA region. The University is committed to ensuring UK validation of its programmes and to ensure a student experience that is in line with UK standards. Built on top of institutional quality assurance is subject level validation and the Faculty is committed to ensuring that its UK validating partners confirm that its degree programme is in line with UK standards. An indicator of this will be the dual award of both an Egyptian BSc and a BEng from UK partner in Electronic and Communications Engineering.
The BUE will be seeking accreditation of this degree programme with the Institute of Engineering and Technology, the UK’s leading professional body for this engineering discipline. The IET is the largest professional engineering society in Europe and the second largest of its type in the world and was formed by the merger of the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) and the Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE).
Accredited degree programmes are the preferred and fast track routes for those who aim to obtain the professional qualification of Chartered Engineer (CEng).
At the time of writing, and to the best of our knowledge, this combination of a programme based on a learning culture fostering key and transferable skill sets in addition to technical ones, together with academic and professional accreditation, makes our programme in Electrical and Communications Engineering quite unique in both Egypt and the surrounding region.
The aims of this programme are to:
- to provide regional standard quality programmes of undergraduate and graduate education;
- to be a research active unit advancing the knowledge of engineering and science;
- and to serve the community and industry as an agent of technological, educational innovation and advancement.
About the School
BUE is Egypt’s major university delivering British Higher Education with students graduating with both Egyptian and UK degrees. It is the largest face-to-face provision of British Transnational Higher ... Read More