Kwararafa University Wukari, was licensed as Wukari Jubilee by the National Universities Commission in 2005. It took off in March, 2006 with 61 students as the first and only community-owned University in Nigeria, the first University in Taraba State and the second private University in the North East Geopolitical zone of Nigeria.
To become a first class institution in pursuit of knowledge and scholarship through teaching, research and community service, geared towards inculcating knowledge and entrepreneurial skills to students that will enable them to be productive and self-reliant.
- To provide a conducive environment for the development of effective and virile indigenous human and material resources for the development of the nation.
- To produce graduates who are well-rounded in their disciplines and also imbued with the necessary entrepreneurial skills to contribute meaningfully to the development of themselves in particular and society in general.
- To replace unemployment and career stagnation of graduates with creative ingenuity through well-packaged programs and practical training.
- To provide a sound education to Nigerians irrespective of religious affiliation, tribes, sex and political leaning.
- To create a nurturing and stimulating environment where the pursuit of excellence, development of self-discipline, creative thinking and individuality will thrive and also seen as essential components of cooperative society.
The University is presently developing linkage programs with other Institutions and Universities around the world. The focus of research is in the areas:
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Food Science and Technology
- Mathematics Education
- Heritage Studies and Eco-Tourism
The research focus is derived from the unique location of the University in the Benue valley with abundance of flora and fauna as well as the rich social cultural traditions of the people of the area that could be of academic interest to researchers. Our community project is Mathematics Education.
We strongly believe that if we engage with our wider community and deploy modern techniques for teaching mathematics we will be filling a gap in mathematics education in particular and science education in general.
What are the admission criteria?
First Degree Minimum Entry Requirements
- Five relevant Credits in SSCE, GCE, O/L or TC Merit or equivalent obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Two A/L passes plus three O/L credits in 3 other subjects at not more than 2 sittings; two passes at TC II plus NCE merit passes, including major subject and Education.
- National or accredited University/Polytechnic Diploma with merit or lower Credit grade, including at least four O/L credits in SSCE/GCE or equivalent.
- Transfer candidates in classified degree programmes should have minimum CGPA of 1.50
- Candidates must have sat for the Universities Matriculation Exams and for Direct Entry Candidates, they must have purchased the UME forms in addition to the relevant qualifications.
About the School
To become a first class institution in pursuit of knowledge and scholarship through teaching, research and community service, geared towards inculcating knowledge and entrepreneurial skills to student ... Read More