Available Emphasis Areas:
- Documentary - Emphasis
- Filmmaking - Emphasis
- Media Studies - Emphasis
The bachelor of science degree in Creative Media and Film presents opportunities for students to create production house and film projects, including screenplays, as well as engaging in the critical analysis of a variety of media.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Creative Media and Film?
At the heart of the CMF major is storytelling. Whether through scriptwriting or production, you will examine and apply the traditions of cinema to tell your own visual and audio stories with documentary projects, fiction narrative shorts, and client-based commercial and promotional work. Through the production classes, you'll also be provided the skills and foundation to enter a variety of media industries or to start your own production house business.
In the CMF major you'll develop a critical understanding of the social, cultural, and political functions of media production, developing a strong foundation to either pursue a career in media or to go on to graduate school to earn a Master's or MFA in filmmaking, documentary, or cinema, media, or cultural studies.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Script supervisor
- Location manager
- Casting director
- Start a production house business
- Commercial production
- A variety of television news positions
- Assistant producer
- Media critic
- Media educator
- Multimedia journalism (with additional classes in journalism)
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More