A strong academic understanding of chemistry is key to a strong understanding of the world, and even the great cosmos beyond.
Chemistry is at the root of vital scientific discoveries and Swansea University is a driving force. Our department is currently working to deliver clean water and sanitation, as well as affordable clean energy in the developing world.
This activity impacts our teaching. You will benefit from a carefully designed and modern chemistry degree which has been developed in collaboration with industrial partners.
Studying chemistry at Swansea University gives you access to world-leading teaching and cutting edge facilities across a range of specialist fields. Our degrees provide the full breadth of skills and knowledge needed when it comes to securing employment. We have been ranked 3rd in the UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2020).
Why Chemistry at Swansea?
Your Chemistry Experience
Chemistry Employment Opportunities
- A levels: AAB-BBB to include Chemistry and one other science or mathematics subject
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 34-32 to include to include at least 6 in HL Chemistry
- Welsh Baccalaureate: Requirements are as for A levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core Grade
- For non-native English speaking applicants: IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test
Careers and Employability Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Our chemistry graduates are set on course for a range of stimulating opportunities. You might find your career lies in any of the following fields. New Medicine Discovery
- Environmental Sciences
- Renewable Energy
- Analytical and Forensic Science
- Research and development in Academia or Industry
About the School
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent t ... Read More