Description of the Program
The Chemistry BSc line offers full - 3-year-education - in chemistry. The study program offers complete education in chemistry, with directions in inorganic and organic chemistry, analytical and environmental chemistry, and physical chemistry. Special courses are included in instrumental analysis, advanced organic chemistry and physical chemistry measurements. Courses for deep knowledge in mathematics, chemometrics, basic theoretical chemistry and biochemistry complete the curriculum. The subjects are presented in lectures (theoretical background of the topics, with the aim to provide a wider view for chemical application), seminars with a discussion of the topics and practicing chemical calculations, and laboratory work. The students will familiarize their knowledge with the most modern instrumentation.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, register on our application site (https://apply.pte.hu/), and start your application.
- Fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- A medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- An official copy of the language exam certificate
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. The B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.
Examples of Subjects During the Studies
- Fundamentals of Chemistry
- General and Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Polarization Features of Light Emission of Fluorescence Materials
- Host-Guest Interactions
- Carbon Nanostructures
- Instrumental Analysis
- Structure Elucidation in Organic Chemistry
- Biochemistry lect.
- Materials Sciences
- Chemical Sensors
- Applied Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Quantum Theory in Structure Determination
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Colloid Chemistry