Chemical Engineering (Environment and Energy)
- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal duration: 3.5 years (210 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Engineering Sciences)
- Tuition fee: €2850
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: June 30 / November 30
- Studies commence September 1 / February 1
The structure of the curriculum
The main courses in the curriculum include Mathematics, Organic, Inorganic, Physical, Analitical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Oil and Gas Chemistry, General Technology, Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Instrumental Analysis Methods, Chemical Thermodynamics, Renewable Energy Sources, Management of Business and Engineering Projects, Process and Equipment Simulation and Design, etc. During the studies, students spend a lot of time in well-equipped laboratories, where they gain necessary skills. The essential amount of Practice (15 credits) allows to develop in depth a level of practical skills of programme graduates.
Chemical engineers use their analytical skills and aptitude for chemistry when working with ground-breaking technologies to enhance people’s lives. Graduates of Chemical Engineering study programme can be employed as chemical, processes, environmental, energy, production engineers in variuos industrial companies (food, chemical, enironmental, etc) as well as in ports terminals, as engineer-chemists at different chemical laboratories and etc. As a rule the majority of successful undergraduates continue their further studies either in the KU Oil and Gas Process Engineering graduate study programme.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak f a reign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania
About the School
Klaip?da University started its academic activities with three faculties (those of Marine Engineering, Pedagogy, and Humanities and Natural Sciences) and about 3,000 students.