If you are considering a career in business management, this BSc is an excellent place to start. You’ll graduate ‘business ready’, as a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of the relevant issues, and the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
BSc Business Management will give you in-depth knowledge of organisations and the business environment, and an insight into the core areas of corporate life, including managing people, operations, logistics, marketing, finance, and the role of ethical management.
You will explore how businesses can operate effectively in a multicultural environment while learning to identify and solve business problems yourself and communicate your ideas with impact.
Over the course of your studies, you will acquire key attributes employers value, such as commercial acumen, self-reflection and emotional intelligence, together with skills in research, numeracy, project management and leadership.
As a graduate of this degree, you will gain the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Diploma in Management & Leadership. This industry-recognised professional qualification will fast-track your progress towards chartered manager status.
How you will learn
Our academic staff have extensive experience of organisations and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of business and management.
Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules will build your future employability throughout your degree, by developing your academic, leadership and management skills.
Your Academic Guidance Tutor will be there to guide your learning and career development, and you’ll have access to our extensive employability events.
Alongside this, we provide a career mentoring scheme, student-led Roehampton Business Society and online careers portal.
As a business management student, you will gain access to exclusive Chartered Management Institute networking events and lectures from CMI experts.
You can also log onto ManagementDirect, an online learning portal with a wide range of useful resources, including around 3,000 publications such as the Harvard Business Review. You can use the portal to develop your interview skills, polish your CV and record your professional development.
- Develop and track your own increasing ability to add value to organisations, through our Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules.
- Understand your role in a team, and learn to recognise your personal strengths and weaknesses through self-assessment and reflection.
- Practise these skills through problem-based activities and scenarios.
- Establish an overview of business organisations in a global context and explore key areas of business such as finance, management and marketing.
- Build your understanding of management (including managing people across different cultures, supply chain management and project management).
- Choose to develop your specialist knowledge through optional modules in Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
- Continue to develop your business readiness, so you can demonstrate to potential employers the skills you’ve gained.
- Develop a deeper understanding of key areas through a range of optional modules and your dissertation.
- Explore corporate strategy and business ethics.
- Other modules include Banking & Finance, Global Marketing, Branding, International Human Resource Management and Entrepreneurship.
The Roehampton Business School offers all students the option to apply for a one-year paid work placement.
A placement year is a perfect opportunity to implement the ‘business readiness’ skills you will learn in year one and two, whilst gaining valuable work experience.
If you successfully secure a work placement, you will develop your CV during the year and will be provided with access to the University's support services and regular academic guidance from the Business School.
The opportunity to make connections in your chosen industry will greatly improve your career prospects and equip you with the experience you need to secure a graduate-level job with a higher graduate salary.
The Business School will offer support in applying for placements, however, placement cannot be guaranteed.
The skills and knowledge you graduate with on this degree will put you in a strong position for pursuing jobs in business, including accounting and finance, international business, retail, marketing and human resources.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.
Specific entry requirements
- BTEC(QCF) Extended Diploma - MMM
- Access - 39 merits D3M39P3
About the School
We change lives by helping our students to develop the confidence, knowledge and values they need for a successful and fulfilling life. We produce world-class research that helps us understand the wor ... Read More