BSc in Business Management
As with many of our business degrees, the aim of our course is to equip you with a solid foundation in business and management theory. You will also have the opportunity to develop a range of practical skills and analytical techniques currently used within a number of business areas.
The wide range of course options enables you to focus on areas of particular interest or to prepare for specific professional requirements. Close ties with international industry and business ensure that course content is aligned with contemporary business practice.
When you graduate you will be able to:
- display a real understanding of contemporary issues such as globalization, sustainability and social and demographic change
- demonstrate a sound appreciation of management practice, including human resources, marketing, accounting and finance and information management
- critically analyze strategic commercial behavior.
On a more practical level, you will be able to:
- use appropriate IT business applications to support analysis and enhance reporting
- utilize appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyze a range of issues
- plan and execute research projects
- effectively communicate results at whatever level is appropriate to the audience.
Our course is about preparing you for the world of business, which means not just giving you the skills that are in use today, but developing you intellectually so that you can continue to learn and grow after you graduate, and keep up with the fast-changing commercial environment.