Do you see yourself playing a key role in a successful brand? Are you looking for a degree to make you stand out from the crowd with the innovative skills to manage a global, national or local business?
The BSc Business Management degree at Swansea University is the most established programme within the School of Management, known for producing highly skilled and commercial thinking business managers. Graduates have gone on to work for the world’s biggest brands including Shell UK, Marks & Spencer, Bloomberg and Tata.
It delivers a range of expert teaching across marketing, operations management, finance, accounting, strategy and human resource management, as well as specialist optional modules.
If you aim to excel at the highest level global business management practice, this course is for you.
Why Business Management at Swansea?
- Ranked in the UK Top 30 for Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide 2018)
- 83% of our Business Management graduates are employed or in further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2016/17)
- Ranked in the UK Top 5 for Value Added (Guardian University Guide 2018)
- Ranked in the UK Top 15 for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2018)
- Degree accreditation by nationally recognised bodies
- A diverse student body from over 60 different countries
- Based on the £22 million School of Management building on the brand new Bay campus
Your Business Management Experience
Business Management at Swansea is a flexible degree giving you the chance to study abroad for a year or work in the industry for a year. This can broaden your horizons when it comes to finding employment.
A wide selection of optional modules from the second and third years allows you to shape the degree towards your specific career goals.
The course itself blends theory with practical application, and through the study of key business modules combined with cutting edge, specialist modules, you will gain the essential skills needed for real-world business management.
Teaching at Swansea is partly informed by research and our staff have hands-on experience of theory and practice, meaning you can benefit from their academic expertise and real-world know-how.
We can help you start your own business, thanks to our range of support services including business mentoring alongside corporate partners with a wealth of industry experience, and we are one of the few UK business schools with an independent team of career advisors.
During your time with us, you will also have full access to our cutting edge video and digital content creation suite and state-of-the-art facilities at the School of Management, including the Fujitsu Innovation Hub and presentation rooms.
Business Management Employment Opportunities
As a Business Management graduate from Swansea, you will find yourself in a great position to secure rewarding employment at any business.
Whether you target Shell UK, Marks & Spencer, Bloomberg or Tata, this degree makes you a strong candidate for any potential employer. Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Business Development Manager
- Analyst or Researcher
- HR Business Partner
- Management Consultant
Careers and Employability
Careers and Employability Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
- We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house careers team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in our Business in the Bay competition and compete against other university students
Offers for programmes in the School of Management are usually within the range of ‘ABB-BBB’ or equivalent.
All applications are considered on an individual basis, with GCSE grades, AS Level subjects and grades, work experience, references and a personal statement taken into account.
Variable offers are made dependent on subjects studied.
No A-level in Business, Economics, Maths or Accounting/Finance is required. We do not consider General Studies as an A-level subject for offer purposes. Students may combine A-levels with other qualifications below. GCSE Maths and English minimum C grade are also required.
The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) IB of 32-33 or higher.
The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) BTEC results of DDM or better.
Non-native English speakers must achieve 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent tests.
For students who fall short of only the English language requirement, we offer a range of pre-sessional training programmes that you may take before starting your degree programme.
About the School
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent t ... Read More