What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Biological Sciences?
The Environmental and Biological Sciences degree encompasses numerous cutting-edge disciplines. Each offers a multitude of exciting career paths. You can also train to teach biology in secondary or primary schools. You can prepare for graduate, for admission to medical, dental, or veterinary school, or for other professional training.
You will also receive plenty of personal attention from faculty - in the classroom, in research opportunities, and NAU-Yuma student support services. Undergraduate research opportunities will involve you in the process and application of science. And you can take advantage of our location on the Lower Colorado River area, which offers a unique region for field projects or samples and specimens for molecular research. Our graduates have exceptional placement rates in medical schools, government agencies, and graduate programs. Whatever path you take after graduation, you will be ready to succeed.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Medical corporations
- Biological testing laboratories
- Pharmaceutical companies
- State or federal government agencies
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- University professor
- Crime lab analyst
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More