This plan prepares you for a secondary education certificate, with a K-12 endorsement in Art.
This program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Education in Art Education?
Do you have a flair for the creative and the desire to teach others to unleash their inner artists? No job is more challenging, rewarding, or important than teaching small children. As an art educator, you'll help shape the character and future of every child in your classroom.
This program prepares you to teach art education in K-12 programs. You'll learn the theory and practice of art criticism, history, aesthetics, and studio. You'll also graduate with a degree in education, with skills in elementary and secondary student development and learning, classroom management, and an expertise in teaching children about creating art.
Note: If you want to major in Art Education, you must apply and be accepted to the Professional Teacher Education Program in addition to being admitted to the university.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Multicultural education
- Early childhood education
- Special education
- Art education
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- School psychologist
- Art therapist
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More