Are you tech-savvy and creative? When you look at a mobile application, do you see ways it can be improved to help users achieve their goals? Thanks to UX leaders such as Apple, Google, and Amazon, consumers expect their digital service experience to be clean, simple, and user-friendly regardless of the device or platform.
M.S.O.E.’s UXCD program will help you develop the skills to design the next digital innovation and solve user interface issues. Our UXCD students build a foundation of human-technology interaction, psychology, graphic design and digital media, web and mobile technologies, business strategy, and marketing and communication while studying design and human behavior within the context of historical, social and cultural developments. This foundation will support students as they navigate technological changes and the evolution of digital applications.
The program prepares students for careers in user experience design, analysis and research, interaction design, digital marketing, content management and technical communication. Employment in digital fields is projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand will be driven by the growing popularity of mobile devices and e-commerce. In our state of the art Mac Lab, you’ll develop tools to meet these demands and share in the challenges of turning creative ideas into immersive and engaging interactive digital experiences.
You may want to consider UXCD if you have
- A strong interest in web, mobile, and emerging technologies.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and a passion for great design.
- A high degree of creativity and curiosity.
- Problem-solving skills and an understanding of human behavior.
- The ability to grasp complex ideas and translate them into clean, seamless and understandable solutions.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop digital interfaces that address business, brand and user requirements.
- Develop storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Conduct user testing and research to uncover user, customer and business needs.
- Develop meaningful content suitable for multiple platforms.
- Serve as in-house liaison between technical departments and business functions.
- Web and multimedia developer
- Mobile application designer
- Digital branding and marketing
- UX designer
- UX researcher
- Interaction designer
- Systems or business analyst
- Content designer and manager
Milwaukee Companies that Employ UXers
- Northwestern Mutual
- Generac Power Systems
- Milwaukee Electric Tool
- Johnson Controls
- Bradley Corporation
- Red Arrow Labs
Program Educational Objectives
The program aims to produce graduates who will:
- Use their education to become productive and contributing professionals in their chosen field.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership in their professional activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development.
- Understand the impact of their professional activities on society.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Apply user experience, information architecture, and technical communication theory, practice, and processes in professional contexts.
- Demonstrate literacy in math, natural sciences, business, marketing, humanities and social sciences.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of professional software and tools.
- Participate within broader institutional and societal contexts.
- Innovate and improve interpersonal processes.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Model professional responsibilities and ethical conduct.
- Have the recognition of and the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
Contact Kayla Maule at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Whatsapp at +1 414 573 9883 for more information.
About the School
Milwaukee School of Engineering is a private, non-profit university offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering, business, mathematics and nursing and an intensive English for Academic Pur ... Read More