Description of the Programme
As it is widely known, in the past decades, tourism became one of the largest and fastest-growing economic sectors in the world. As the UNWTO (World Tourism Organization) highlights in the latest reports, this branch of industry turned into a key driver of socio-economic progress through the creation of jobs and enterprises, export revenues, and infrastructure development in both developed and developing countries. Newer and newer areas and markets appear both concerning inbound and outbound tourism and competition and diversification also became key issues in the global tourism processes.
Since tourism is one of the greatest players of international commerce, represents 7% of the world’s exports in goods and services or contributes 10% to the global GDP or to global employment, it is definitely worth study and later on being occupied in this dynamically growing branch wherever you come from or wherever you would like to work later. If you see the business opportunities this industry offers you are the one we need.
When you finish your studies you will be an Economist in Tourism and Catering.
With the acquired economic, business, social sciences, applied methodology and tourism and catering specialised knowledge you will be able to manage the tasks and challenges and the related workflows in a wide range of activities related to tourism and catering. You will be able to reveal and analyse the factors influencing tourism demand, create an attractive and experience based supply and organise and fulfil the related services activities.
At the end of our programme, you will have the knowledge and skills of:
- You will understand the basic processes of the system of tourism and you will be able to be part of its professional operation;
- You will have knowledge of the peculiar characteristics of tourism and catering businesses and their management;
- You will have practical and theoretical knowledge on the development of the different tourism products and the development and management of destinations
A key aim of our programmes is to combine academic knowledge with transferable skills in order to enhance employability. Tourism and Catering graduates are highly valued by employers across the world. You will have a choice of careers open to you, including
- tourism (destination, product) manager (both in private and public spheres – companies, local governments, state governing bodies)
- tourism planner, researcher, regional development expert
- hotel or restaurant manager
- hotel receptionist
- travel agent, travel organiser
- conference and event organiser
- tourism sales manager
- tourism marketing manager
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, register on our application site (https://apply.pte.hu/), and start your application.
- Fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The Application Process
- We confirm the receipt of application materials via e-mail.
- The Assessment Board reviews and evaluates every application and makes a decision within 15 working days after receiving the application fee.
- Every applicant is informed of the decision of the Assessment Board immediately via e-mail.
- If the applicant meets the requirements and is informed of her/his acceptance, s/he must then pay the tuition fee and send us the payment receipt.
- After receiving the tuition fee, the applicant will be provided with an official Acceptance letter with which s/he can contact the Hungarian Embassy and apply for a Visa.
Arrival: last week of August
Orientation day: First week of September
Examples of Subjects During the Studies
- Quantitative methods
- Introduction to Social Sciences
- Information Systems
- Probability and Statistics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Business Statistics
- Organisational Behaviour
- Banking and Finance
- Tourism Geography
- Environmental Economics
- System of Tourism
- Foundation Marketing
- Foundations of Digital Marketing
- Health Tourism
- Place marketing
- Fast and Slow Tourism Products
- Tourism Enterprises
- Marketing Calculations
- Case Studies in Tourism Marketing
- Tour Operation and Event
- Hospitality and Cultural Behavior
- Lodging and Hotel Management