Students taking the Management core receive a broad education covering the major functional areas of management. This degree will help a student prepare for business or government leadership and provide him/her with knowledge and skills desired by all types of employers. It will also give one the background to organize and manage his/her own family business.
Graduates in Management typically find jobs in business such as production management, personnel management, marketing management, or financial management. The intent of this program is also to meet the educational needs of students who intend to enroll in graduate work in business administration. The program is designed to provide the student with the necessary background to satisfy the demands for alternatives while at the same time developing a breadth of knowledge in the liberal arts tradition.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interrelationships and interdependencies among the marketing, finance, operations, administration, and management functional systems of a business-oriented toward accomplishment of the business mission and vision.
- Demonstrate an understanding of strategic management concepts and the ability to use situational analysis to develop a viable strategic plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to use critical and creative thinking for effective decision-making and planning.
- Demonstrate the ability to use quantitative techniques to analyze organizational effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Demonstrate effective written, oral, and presentation communication skills in an organizational setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to create, implement, and maintain policies and conditions that result in an ethical and socially responsible organization that can compete in a manner that is consistent with global sustainability.
The mission of the Management Program within Park University’s School of Business is to provide high quality, innovative, application-oriented education, research, and service in support of free enterprise in a socially responsible manner to students, the academic community, and the public.
The vision of the Management Program within Park University’s School of Business is to: Develop high quality, informative, state-of-the-art courses that incorporate critical thinking and concern for ethical behavior and deliver them to students in an effective manner.
- Establish and maintain assessment artifacts that will fairly determine the level of course content understanding in accordance with established learning outcomes.
- Experiment with course delivery methodology to continually search for better student understanding of the course content.
- Conduct research of contemporary literature and business results to ensure that the course content presented to students is up-to-date and in accordance with the established values.
About the School
Park University was founded in 1875, and is a four-year, private, nonprofit, coeducational, liberal arts institution with degree programs that are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a ... Read More