Logistics and Supply Chain Management are at the core of all business and voluntary organizations. They enable goods and services to be provided at the right time, right place and right cost, contributing to the competitive advantage of the organization. This dual degree programme leads to the award of an Aston University degree and a Muscat University degree.
Modules are designed to cover activities involved in planning, sourcing, making and delivering products and services. You will develop the techniques used to optimise these processes to meet a range of strategic objectives such as minimum cost, maximum service and shorter cycle times.
Activities are designed to be challenging, relevant and stimulating and many involve commercial material brought to the classroom or the students themselves going on industrial visits. Our practically based programme continues to emphasise the development of analytical and problem-solving skills that have produced so many highly employable graduates to date.
The BSc in Logistics with Supply Chain Management aims to:
- Enable students to develop a detailed understanding and knowledge of logistics and its place in all types of industries.
- Produce graduates with a unique specialist insight into Operations and Supply Chain Management.
Applicants will typically need one of the following qualifications (or international equivalent) for admission to the programme:
- A-Level: BBC plus 5 GCSEs with grades A*-C to include Maths (grade C) and English (grade C).
- HND: Minimum Merit Overall.
- IB: 29 points, with minimum scores 5,5,4 in Higher Level subjects plus minimum Standard Level scores of 5 in English and Maths.
- An IELTS level of 6.0.
- Where applicable, successful completion of the Muscat University Foundation Programme.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Study and Research Skills||Operations and Process Management||Professional Placement Year||Final Year Project|
|Building Professional Relationships||Air and Maritime Transport||-||Leadership and Human Resource Management in Supply Chains|
|Introduction to Supply Chain Management||Land Transport||-||International Trade Law|
|Transport and Engineering Economics||Quantitative Tools for Supply Chain Planning||-||Supply Chain and Procurement Strategy|
|Law for Engineers||Managing Engineering Projects||-||Strategic Management and Finance|
|Introduction to Business for Logistics||Service Marketing||-||Contemporary Issues in Supply Chains|
|Introductory Accounting for Business||Purchasing Principles for International Supply Chains||-||Supply Chain Planning|
|Facilities and Systems||-||-||-|
About the School
Muscat University’s mission, vision, and values are underpinned by four essential themes: ethics, excellence, entrepreneurship, and innovation.