Are you interested in international organisations, issues of peace and security, or current changes in global political relations? Would you like to study the causes of terrorism and the resolution of violent conflicts? Develop your scholarship and skills in international affairs in The Hague.
Global affairs and the dynamics of international cooperation and conflict
The international 3-yearprogramme of IRO ispart of Leiden University’s Political Science curriculum and is taught in The Hague, the city in which politics and international relations converge.
In this specialised bachelor’s programme you'll address transboundary issues from a social sciences point of view. IRO has a strong focus on diplomacy and current world problems, with particular attention paid to the role of major powers such as China, Russia, the USA and the EU, and organisations such as the IMF, NATO, UN, and the World Bank.
It is the right choice for you if you are fascinated by global affairs and the dynamics of international cooperation and conflict. Themes such as war and peace, poverty, refugee crises, humanitarian cooperation, nuclear weapons reduction, and globalisation are covered in detail.
Studying International Relations and Organisations means:
- understanding the real story behind today’s headlines;
- working with excellent academic teachers and researchers;
- developing skills in research, writing and presenting;
- being part of an international classroom and community;
- experiencing The Hague: the third UN city and host to many international organisations, embassies, and NGOs.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 17, 2018