Mode of Attendance: Full-time
Students who receive credit exemptions can complete the degree in a shorter period of time.
Our BSc International Management (Japan and Korea) programme will enable you to gain specialist knowledge of business and management in Japan and Korea, including modules in accounting, finance, managerial economics, marketing, corporate governance, research methods and international business strategy, as well as a deep understanding of the regions history, culture and language.
The degree is awarded by SOAS University of London but is taught at the Ngee Ann Academy, Singapore.
Why study BSc International Management (Japan & Korea) at SOAS
- We're ranked 11 in the UK and 2 in London for Business and Management by the 2019 Guardian University league table.
- We are home to the largest concentration of Japan specialists outside of Japan and the largest concentration of Korean specialists in Europe.
- We expertly apply theoretical concepts to real issues facing businesses that operate in Japan and Korea.
- As Asian economies continue to expand, knowledge of the language and culture will be a big asset in the world of commerce and international trade.
- You will be joining our thriving community of alumni and academics who have an impact on the world outside of academia.
- You will be able to flexibly structure your programme using our optional modules and/or optional modules from other departments, including the opportunity to learn a regional language.
- We are specialists in the delivery of languages. Your command of a second language at SOAS will set you apart from graduates of other universities.
- Introduction to Accounting (15 credits)
- Management in Japan and Korea: Domestic and International Developments (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Quantitative and Analytical Techniques for Managers (15 credits)
- Principles and Management of Marketing (15 credits)
- Principles of Management (30 credits)
- International Business Strategy (15 credits)
- Managerial Economics (15 credits)
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (30 credits)
- Qualitative and Case Study Research (15 credits)
- International marketing 1: the Environment (15 credits)
- International Relations of East Asia (30 credits)
- Independent Study Project in International Management (30 credits)
- Finance in Japan and Korea (15 credits)
- Contemporary issues in the Japanese and Korean economies (15 credits)
- Financial Strategy (15 credits)
- Corporate Governance (15 credits)
- International Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing 2: Global Markets (15 credits)
The information on the programme page reflects the intended programme structure against the given academic session.
Admissions and Applications
To apply for an undergraduate degree at SOAS (including students wishing to transfer from another university) you must apply through the UK's central universities application organization, UCAS. An application form and details of courses can be found on their website. UCAS charges an applicant's fee for handling the application.
You can apply to up to five choices of higher education institutions or course on the UCAS form. How you utilise the choice is up to you. In other words, you could apply to do the same subject, for example, economics, at five different universities, or five different courses at the same university, or any combination of subject and institution. Nor do you have to use up all five choices. Whatever you choose you should list your choices in the order they appear in the UCAS handbook.
You must be 17 years or older at time of registration with the University; and Satisfy course requirements in English; and have three approved *GCE ‘A’/H2 level subjects that are at least grades B, C, C; OR an International Baccalaureate Diploma of 28 points overall; or Polytechnic diplomas with a Grade Point Average of ≥ 2.6. Exemptions will be assessed upon application.
General Entrance Requirements for admission into Year 1:
- 17 years or older at time of registration with the University; and
- Satisfy course requirements in English; and
- Three approved *GCE ‘A’/H2 level subjects that are at least grades B, C, C; or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma of 28 points overall or
- Polytechnic diplomas with a Grade Point Average of ≥ 2.6. Exemptions will be assessed upon application.
General Entrance Requirements for admission into Year 2:
- Polytechnic Business and Management related diplomas with a Grade Point Average of >2.6
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will be assessed on a case by case basis.
English Language Entry Requirements
English language requirements: GCE O Level – C5 or better in English, or an IELTS overall score of at least 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band/skill or equivalent score in another recognised test if they obtained their qualification from countries where English is not the standard medium of instruction and/or their first language.
About the School
SOAS University of London welcomes the brightest minds to study on its central London campus with like-minded individuals who feel passionately about contemporary world issues.