The BSc Information Management and Information Systems programme equips you with skills, knowledge and understanding relevant to the field of e-finance and e-business. It will provide you with knowledge of the core concepts in information technology (IT), financial management, and economics, and will build your understanding of the interconnectedness of the core principles of these disciplines.
Why Should I Study Information Management and Information Systems at XJLTU?
- Gain skills and knowledge you will need to work across a wide range of industries
- Have the opportunity to gain practical knowledge through a final year capstone project that prepares you for the workplace
- Complete coursework and assessments that are created by experienced academics who draw upon both their academic and industry experience to provide an enhanced learning experience
- Gain a unique blend of technical and managerial knowledge intended to create managers of the future
- Learn in a rich interdisciplinary environment
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System）in 2016 and 2018 respectively.
AACSB accreditation is a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation.
The EQUIS accreditation is a quality certification system for business schools set up by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). It has become the most global authoritive and select business school certification body in the world with its comprehensive and rigorous review process. IBSS becomes the youngest business school in the world to have received both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation. There are only less than 100 business schools that have received both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. This is an important milestone in becoming a world class business school and highlights the strength and significant influence of IBSS at the international level.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BSc Information Management and Information Systems programme, you will:
- understand information management and information systems and their application to e-finance and e-business
- be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to computing and computer applications
- understand and be able to apply a range of accounting and quantitative methods to describe and model financial products
- know how to develop and apply e-finance software
- have a broad understanding of business and economic principles.
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
BSc Information Management and Information Systems graduates are equipped to pursue both technical and managerial careers within the IT and financial services industries. The programme also provides a sound basis for further study.
Entry into Year One
We welcome applications from high-quality candidates in all subjects with appropriate high school or equivalent qualifications. Students will normally be expected to have a high standing in their high school performance with a minimum ‘B’ average in all subjects as well as relevant subjects.
Entry into Year Two
Students who have completed A-levels or International Baccalaureate (or equivalent) will be considered for entry into Year Two, different programmes have different subject-relevant requirements.
- A-level: BBB
- IB Diploma: 30 points
- Advanced Placement Tests/Subject SATS--High school diploma with a GPA of 3.0 or above, plus:
- Redesigned SAT: 1280+ (students that took the SATs previous to 2016 will require 1800+) or ACT: 27, and 2 AP examinations: 4+ or 2 SAT subject tests: 600+ or