- The form of Study: Full-time Study
- Length of Study: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Entrance Exams: Mathematics test and English language test. A sample of tests for the admission is placed below.
The bachelor's degree study branch Informatics that is being taught in English, prepares specialists in informatics mainly for professions where the information and communication technologies are exploited.
A graduate of the bachelor's degree study has obtained theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of informatics, economics, management, commerce, bookkeeping, law, and other areas. That way the students obtain necessary knowledge of the entrepreneurial and administrative activities connected with the exploitation of information and communication technologies in both the entrepreneurial and non-entrepreneurial bodies. Graduates employ the knowledge obtained in the area of market research, and the information hardware and software marketing, too. They have sufficient knowledge about the information technology problems in order to become equivalent partners of the given area specialists. They are capable of creative cooperation on the organization's information strategy formation and of critical assessment of possible solution varieties. They will be capable of designing changes in the organization of processes such that the possibilities of informatics assist in fulfilling the tasks or the organization's mission.
The State Final Examination of the Informatics study branch consists of three complex subjects in Economics and Management, Quantitative Methods and Computer Systems and Information Engineering.
Graduates of the bachelor's degree study branch Informatics submit their applications to some of the related branches of the master's degree study or they leave for practice. In practice, they can find employment in all the professions where the information and communication technologies are exploited. They can work in specialized SW firms, consulting, financial and commercial institutions, State administration, or private bodies. The good level of their preparedness for practice has been testified through the research outcomes on University graduates' unemployment level published, where for the FEM CULS graduates one of the lowest values has been reported (1.4 % as in the HN on February 19, 2016).
Preparatory Professional and Language Courses (PPL, CŽV)
International Relations Office FEM CULS Prague offers one year and half-year courses leading to studies in accredited bachelor and master study programs taught in English. There isn’t any entrance examination to study in PPL.
Required documents you need to submit for admission in PPL courses leading to studies in accredited bachelor study programs taught in English:
- A scan of Passport
- A copy of the secondary school leaving certificate (a certified English translation of your leaving certificate is required if the original one is not in English)
- A copy of the transcript of records from secondary school in English with the allocation of hours of each subject taken in secondary school or in the last 4 years
- The results of an English language test (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, or any other) - not needed if you studied full time in English at least for 2 years
- Contact address and phone number for DHL + name of the town where you are going to apply for the visa
- A short Curriculum vitae
- All applicants must fill in the online application
About the School
The Czech University of Life Sciences is a public university (according to Act No. 111/1998 Coll. on universities). Currently, there are 27 public universities and 2 state universities in the Czech Re ... Read More