Our Fitness and Wellness program in Parkville, Mo. focuses on health promotion and lifestyle modifications. Students will be introduced to basic principles that assist and motivate them to reach their optimal fitness and wellness potential while leading others to an overall healthy lifestyle. The optimal goal of the program is to enhance the quality of life through equipping students with the knowledge and skills that promote long-term fitness and wellness.
Areas of Education
Students learn professional skills in the following areas:
- Physical and physiological functions of the body
- Necessary fitness levels to remain healthy and physically active
- Nutritional needs to remain healthy and physically active
- Ability to design a personal strength training and conditioning program, taking into account the individual's fitness levels and nutritional needs
- Care and prevention of injuries related to physical activity
- Various administrative responsibilities and obligations in fitness, wellness, and recreation
- Promotion of long-term health and wellness through personal and corporate wellness education
Degree and Minor
- B.S. in Fitness and Wellness
- Minor in Fitness and Wellness
Students pursuing a Bachelor’s in Fitness and Wellness or Athletic Training are eligible to apply for scholarships if they meet all the eligibility requirements.
About the School
Park University was founded in 1875, and is a four-year, private, nonprofit, coeducational, liberal arts institution with degree programs that are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a ... Read More