This Economics degree program is designed to give students in-depth education in one of the applied social sciences. Economics is the social science which investigates the conditions and laws affecting the production, distribution and consumption of wealth in an organized society. Students who major in economics may be employed by business, government and other institutions serving in various staff and management positions. To broaden the range of economics job prospects available, many undergraduate students combine an economics major with another related major such as political science, information and computer sciences, business or communications.
To broaden the range of economics job prospects available, many undergraduate students combine a Bachelor’s in Economics with another related major such as political science, information and computer sciences, business or communications. Others with an economics major may plan to continue into graduate work in economics or other areas, which qualifies them to serve in Kansas City or beyond as economists or other specialists in government, business or higher education.
Mission Statement: Students will be trained to apply economic concepts and analysis to solve real-world problems, and they will be able to effectively communicate solutions in oral and written formats.
Vision Statement: Students will have skills necessary for entry-level employment in government or private-sector positions as economists or data analysts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory underlying national government policymaking (macroeconomics).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory of the global economy.
- Analyze and draw conclusions about economic problems and policies.
- Use quantitative analysis to test hypotheses of an economic nature the concepts of ethics and social responsibility in the use of statistical analysis.
- Communicate economic theory and analysis in oral and written formats.
- Conduct an independent economic analysis in a learning environment, including a series of formal oral presentations which culminate in a research paper.
About the School
Park University was founded in 1875, and is a four-year, private, nonprofit, coeducational, liberal arts institution with degree programs that are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a ... Read More