What is the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science degree?
BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science Degree offers an excellent opportunity to tailor your learning experience to meet personal, academic and career goals. Graduates will be equipped with valuable practical experience, special skills for work training, and an increased potential for employment.
The interdisciplinary programme draws on diverse academic disciplines such as public policy, psychology, criminology, communication studies, public health, economics, exercise science, human performance, linguistics, political science, psychology and sociology. You will gain a critical comprehension of health and social care policy, theory and practice together with an understanding of how complex groups and societies function interact and change.
You will learn from our highly qualified academics with expertise across the health and social science field.
The programme takes a flexible, work-based, approach to teaching and learning, which encourages reflective practice. All teaching and learning are offered on flexible timetables where you can fit your studies around your life, with study options including evenings and weekends. Students will be assessed through examinations, essays, short answer papers, reports and reviews, presentations, case studies, group assessment projects, debates and health profiles.
A range of optional modules can be chosen in the final years of the programme to tailor the course to suit your personal interests, improve strengths and fine-tune your career path.
Who Is the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science Course For?
If you wish to make a difference to the susceptible people in the society while gaining a well-recognised qualification, this course is for you. The BSc Health and Social Science Degree is specially designed for those who aspire to pursue a career in the social, wellbeing, health, and voluntary sectors, where working with people remains as a key feature.
The programme will develop your knowledge and skills through the core modules to advance your practice and enhance career choices.
Successful completion of this degree offers improved career opportunities in the fields of health and social care. Graduates have found careers in teaching, youth justice, mental health, medical rehabilitation, housing associations, social care, charity organisations and community development. However, there are plenty of other areas in which your qualification can be an advantage.
- A UCAS Tariff score of 80
- Minimum of two full A-levels (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in the English language
If you do not meet the entry requirements you may be eligible for the Health and Social Science with Foundation Year
Year 1 Modules
- Making Sense of Society: Understanding the Social World
- Policy in Context
- Understanding Sport Development
- Contemporary Debates
- Making Sense of Society: The Sociological Imagination
- Policy and Society
- Sociology of Health
- Wellbeing in Society
Year 2 Modules
- Race Ethnicity and Migration
- Citizenship, Community and Welfare
- Ethical Issues in Health and Social Sciences
- Gender and Sexuality in Society (optional)
- Research Methods
- Understanding the Work Environment 1
- Employability and Volunteering
- Sport, Diversity and Well-being
Year 3 Modules
- Funding for Sport (optional)
- Ageing Well Through the Life-Course
- Global Health and Society (optional)
- Leadership and Teamwork (optional)
- Body Culture and Society (optional)
- Disability in Mental Health and the Criminal Justice System (optional)
- Course Duration: 3 years, full time
- Level: RQF Level 4-6
- Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
- Assessment: Mixture of written assessments, exams and practicals
- Mode of Delivery: Full Time
- Timetable options: Two evenings & a Saturday
- Campus: Southall
- Intake dates: September 2019 and February 2020
- Fee: £8000
*Subject to validation
About the School
Regent College Higher Education is a leading provider of industry-related higher education. We are a diverse community active in promoting learning and education, with an established record of success ... Read More