Your Career in Our Care
Health and Social Care relates to services that are available from health and social care practitioners that provide health care support to a range of individuals with issues faced by vulnerable individuals and groups such as children, older people, those with mental illness and disabilities.
Why do a Health and Social Care degree?
Delivered in partnership with the University of Bolton, the BSc (Hons) in Health and Social Care is delivered in excellent teaching facilities which provide a stimulating learning environment that will be both engaging and memorable.
This course offers you the opportunity to develop the values, practice skills and knowledge necessary for a successful career in the global health and social care environment.
Our highly experienced and dedicated team will lead you in an exploration of the principles of care, professional values, attitudes and behaviour, ethical practice of care, promoting physical and mental health and emotional wellbeing and safeguarding and promoting diversity and inclusion.
Our focus is on helping you become a knowledgeable, compassionate, and person-centred care professional.
Make a difference in the daily lives of vulnerable people by studying the BSc (Hons) in Health and Social Care.
Why Regent College London?
- Highly knowledgeable lecturers offering group and one-to-one support, ensuring that you can access the help and advice you need to succeed when you need it
- Guest speakers from industry and business, enabling you to ask questions, take part in the debate and benefit from their knowledge, advice and guidance
- Flexible study options that include daytime, evening and weekend timetables, allowing you to fit your study around your personal and/or professional commitments
- Small classes which ensure that you can fully participate and benefit from receiving the full attention of our exceptional teaching team
- A central location offering excellent library and IT facilities, Wi-Fi and well-appointed teaching, learning and study areas in the heart of London’s vibrant west-end
A degree in health and social care looks at health in its broad context and investigates contemporary health issues. There’s a growing demand for health and social care workers who are not restricted by boundaries and can work flexibly to accommodate the increasingly complex health and social care needs of individuals, families and communities.
This degree will also enable you to develop a range of key transferable employability skills, including written and verbal communication skills, IT skills, and the ability to work independently and in a team, research and data analysis skills, and the ability to provide support and guidance.
What can I do with this qualification?
This degree will give you a good foundation, allowing you to work in a wide range of statutory, voluntary and independent settings, including local authority teams,
health promotion projects, refugee and asylum service hospitals, sheltered accommodation, hospices and day centres, and residential care units.
In addition, graduates with a health and social care background are also in a good position to be considered for careers in health education and health promotion, welfare, health research, community mental health and commissioning and care management services.
Graduates may seek roles as service managers and coordinators, in advocacy, education and training, or as technicians and support workers helping children and families, older and disabled people, drug and alcohol abusers, and people with mental health problems.
- UCAS points: 96
- Level 3: Any subjects are acceptable
- GCSEs: Five at grade C or above / grade 4 to 9
- IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band (non-native speakers)
If you didn’t study GCSEs / A-Levels and have non-traditional entry qualifications or relevant work experience we will be happy to consider your application. You’ll be required to attend an interview as part of the admissions process.
If you don’t meet the entry requirements for this course, please consider applying for our BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care with Foundation Year (UCAS code: L561).