BSc Finance (Hons)
The continuing euro-zone debt issue provides a challenging and exciting opportunity for you to study finance, a subject which is the focus of extensive current debate. Heightened awareness of the inadequacies in the financial system has drawn attention to the requirement for a new generation of risk-aware, educated managers with an understanding of financial instruments and markets to run effective operations throughout the front, middle and back office environment.
This programme will provide you with an opportunity to capitalize on these opportunities, providing you with a rigorous yet practical programme of study designed to prepare you for effective job performance within a financial institution.
The Chartered Financial Analyst qualification is globally recognized and respected. While exemptions are not possible, this programme is designed to cover at least 70% of the Level 1 qualification, thereby equipping you with the knowledge to facilitate passing this exam upon graduation.
The aims of the programme are:
- To prepare you for a career in the finance sector
- To develop your theoretical and practical knowledge of finance in the context of the global economy
- To equip you with the skills required for a complex and changing business environment.
Applicants should have:
300 UCAS points
FROM at least two full A-levels or BTEC equivalent.
PLUS at least GCSE mathematics grade B and GCSE English grade C.
- Please note that Key Skills: Application of Number and Communication are not accepted in place of GCSE mathematics and English.
- Applicants with professional qualifications and/or four or more years' full-time work experience are considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language require IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent rating in another Secure English Language Test.
Through examinations and in-course assignments, including a dissertation focusing on both qualitative and quantitative aspects of a practical investment problem.
Equipping you with the knowledge to assist in passing Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst qualification.
Graduates can pursue employment in accounting and finance departments, the financial services sector, non-profit-making organizations and in public practice with firms of certified or chartered accountants.
About the School
Greenwich has scooped top spot in the London league table for student satisfaction, for the second year running. In the latest Sunday Times University Guide league table, published on 12 September, th ... Read More