Businesses are now increasingly more reliant on computing and technology in today’s modern workplace, and there aren't enough graduates with the skills required entering the job market. This results in a skills gap and increased demand for people with an understanding of digital and technology solutions.
Arden University offers a degree designed to help you fulfil this business need. The BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree has 3 different specialist pathways: Software Engineering, IT Consultancy and Data Analysis, allowing you to focus your studies on the area that interests you the most.
Upon successful completion, you’ll gain an Undergraduate Degree in BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions and will be equipped with valuable skills and confidence to take on a senior role within the digital and technology sector.
You will have gained sought-after skills and knowledge relating to a specific subject area you are interested in and selected to study with your chosen pathway.
When can I study?
Requiring 8 hours of classes a week at your chosen UK study centre, courses are scheduled as follows:
- Weekdays*: 2 days per week, 4 hours per day (either 9.00–13.00 or 13.30-17.30)
- Evenings**: 2 evenings per week 17.30–21.30
- Weekends**: Saturdays
In addition to the 8 hours of face-to-face teaching each week, you will have an additional 12 hours of online tuition and 13.5 hours of recommended self-guided study time. This is perfect if you want more guided learning, but need the flexibility to study around work, family or other commitments.
*Hours will be allocated by Arden
**Subject to numbers
Course Details and Modules
For those who wish to develop their practical and intellectual skills in the deployment of technology in the workplace, Arden University’s BSc (Hons) Digital Technology Solutions is perfect.
Choose one of three specialist pathways: Software Engineer, IT Consultancy and Data Analysis. Each pathway offers valuable computing and business skills including the fundamentals of databases, programming, security, systems analysis and design.
You’ll study via the Arden Blended Learning method, which combines classroom and online learning at one of our study centres. Your studies will be fully supported by tutors and our Arden Student Support Coordinators so you will have all the tools you need to succeed.
3 pathways: Software Engineer, IT Consultancy, and Data Analysis
- Professional Development
- Computer Systems Security
- Information Systems in Organisations
Plus 3 modules from your chosen specialism:
- Software Engineer: Data Structures and Algorithms; Website Design; Mobile Technology Implementations.
- Consultancy: Management Accounting; Consultancy Skills; Risk and Incident Management.
- Data Analysis: Data Design; Mathematical Concepts; IT Governance.
During the first 6 weeks of year 1 (Block 1) you will also attend 4 study skills workshops, providing advice and guidance to help you achieve university success. Sessions may include Reading & Note-Taking, iLearn Online Library, Referencing & Plagiarism and Approaching Assignments. This will bring your weekly class time up to 9.5 house a week for Block 1. The following study blocks will be the usual 8 hours classroom time (+online tuition and self-guided study time).
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Database Design and Implementation
- Data Communications
Plus 2 modules from your chosen specialism:
- Software Engineer: Software Engineering; e-Commerce Systems.
- Consultancy: Organisational Analysis; Learning in the Organisation.
- Data Analysis: Data Analytics Fundamentals; Decision Making.
- Emerging Technology
- Business Organisations
- Project Management and Strategy
- Computing Project
Plus 1 module from your chosen specialism:
- Software Engineer: Advanced Programming
- Consultancy: Enterprise Architecture
- Data Analysis: Data Visualisation
Arden offers a wide range of assessments to enable you to demonstrate your strengths and understanding. Some of the assessments for this Digital Technology Solutions Degree may include:
- Open book exam
- Creation of practical artefacts
- Preparing technical documentation
- Scenario-based case studies
- Reflective accounts
- Policy development
To be eligible for this BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions course you must have either:
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects, including Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- Have completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English:
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
Candidates who demonstrate an ability to study the programme as evidenced through previous vocational experience will be required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-500 words) that addresses their motivation for undertaking the Digital Technology Solutions programme; including their reference contacts, relevant prior experience and qualifications.
If you feel that you can demonstrate and provide evidence of related work experience, you may be able to gain module exemptions.
What study centres are available at Arden University?
Our Blended Learning courses are available at study centres throughout the UK and include:
- Tower Hill, London
- Ealing, London
- Holborn, London
- City Centre, Birmingham
- City Centre, Manchester
Studying via Blended Learning with Arden
Arden University students who study with our Blended Learning method get the benefits of both face-to-face and online learning. Combine the structure and personal tuition of the classroom with the rich resources and innovative materials of online learning. An ideal solution for students who want the routine of an on-site Undergraduate Degree, without the full-time campus commitment.
What can I expect from this Blended Learning course?
- You will spend 2 days a week at your chosen study centre
- These 4-hour classes will be led by your module tutor
- During these sessions, you will be encouraged to debate, discuss and ask questions to develop your understanding and acquire key skills
- As it implements online learning, you can access materials and resources online 24/7
- The online content includes tutorials, lessons, exercises, study support and chat forums which make up the recommended 25.5 weekly self-guided study hours
- All your coursework and assignments are uploaded to a secure online zone for marking
- You can contact your tutor via email or the support team via email or phone
Arden's Blending Learning model is a modern, engaging way to learn that lets you balance learning with the other priorities in your life.
What facilities are available at Arden study centres?
Our modern study centres are full of helpful, engaging tutors and staff and offer access to the technology and services you need to support your studies.
Outside of your classes, you can expect access to things like:
- Computers and IT equipment
- Printing facilities
- Individual and group study space
About the School
Ulearn has partnered with over 100 Universities in UK, USA and Canada. The Ulearn Universe includes prestigious Universities across the UK, offering hundreds of courses, including the most sought afte ... Read More