Regent Means Business
Our BSc (Hons) in Computing is a flexible and far-reaching undergraduate course designed to support you with focused attention, industry insights and excellent IT resources.
Forge your own path into specialisms and potential career options, and move onto the full degree programme with dedicated help from expert teaching staff.
Why do a Computing degree?
This engaging and flexible course draws on key elements from other study pathways to give you a wide-ranging, industry-informed programme.
As you progress, you’ll have the opportunity to ‘zoom in’ on aspects of the subject that you have personal interest and strengths in, or that support your career or study goals.
With intentionally small class sizes, we can offer you more meaningful and personalised interaction with our dedicated and enthusiastic lecturers – many of whom come with extensive industry insights and experience.
Meanwhile, guest speakers and lecturers give you access to highly relevant and up-to-date input from industry settings.
Why Regent College London?
- Highly knowledgeable lecturers offering group and one-to-one support, ensuring that you can access the help and advice you need to succeed when you need it.
- Guest speakers from industry and business, enabling you to ask questions, take part in a debate and benefit from their knowledge, advice and guidance.
- Flexible study options that include daytime, evening and weekend timetables, allowing you to fit your study around your personal and/or professional commitments.
- Small classes which ensure that you can fully participate and benefit from receiving the full attention of our exceptional teaching team.
- A central location offering excellent library and IT facilities, Wi-Fi and well-appointed teaching, learning and study areas in the heart of London’s vibrant west-end.
With computing technologies playing a greater role in all aspects of modern life, graduates find their skills in high demand across a wide range of industries.
A computing degree combines theoretical study and practical projects where you can learn subject-specific skills such as programming, systems, databases, computer platforms, website production and networking.
The soft skills that a computing degree can equip you with include communication, leadership and organisational skills, all of which are highly sought after by employers.
What can I do with this qualification?
Computing skills are essential in today’s world. Computing is a global activity and graduates are employable anywhere in the world. Some of the main areas that graduates go into are network design, programming, web development, software application, interactive multi-media roles, IT support, consultancy and operations, E-commerce and business analysis.
Some typical employers include IT consultancies and IT service providers, however, as most businesses rely on computers to function effectively, there are also opportunities within telecommunications, aerospace and defence, financial services, retail, healthcare, manufacturing and the public and third sectors.
After completing this degree, you might also choose to set up your own business offering web design or IT consultancy.
- UCAS points: 96
- Level 3: Any subjects are acceptable
- GCSEs: Five at grade C or above / grade 4 to 9
- IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band (non-native speakers)
If you didn’t study GCSEs / A-Levels and have non-traditional entry qualifications or relevant work experience we will be happy to consider your application. You’ll be required to attend an interview as part of the admissions process.
If you don’t meet the entry requirements for this course, please consider the BSc (Hons) Computing with Foundation Year (UCAS code: G511).
- UCAS Code: G510
- Duration: 3 years
- Level: RQF Level 4-6
- Awarding Body: University of Bolton
- Assessment: Exams, essays, reports and presentations
- Mode of Delivery: Full Time
- Timetable options: Week Days / Evenings / Weekends
- Campus: Central London, Harrow, Southall
- Intake dates: September, January
- Fee: £9,250 per year.
About the School
Regent College Higher Education is a leading provider of industry-related higher education. We are a diverse community active in promoting learning and education, with an established record of success ... Read More