Are you keen to understand how businesses and managers operate? Lancaster University courses are designed to develop your conceptual understanding and provide practice-based insights. You will also develop your personal competencies, including communications and mathematical abilities. Such skills have helped recent graduates find work in a wide variety of roles, within sectors such as banking, retail, consultancy, sales and marketing, and data analysis. In Leipzig, this course will look at international trade and industry, as well as focusing on real-life examples from the thriving German economy.
mohamed_hassan / Pixabay
As a Business Management student, you study with every department within the Management School. Your degree can be three or four years long depending on your choices. We focus on building self-confidence and improving your skills and knowledge base.
All first-year students study management, marketing, financial accounting, organisations and business statistics.
The second year explores operations management, entrepreneurship and economics. You also have options in a range of other management subjects. This continues into your third year. Here you choose options while studying our core subjects of leadership, business and strategic management.
We seek to make our graduates as marketable as possible to potential employers. Every student has access to a specialist Business Management Careers Coach and attends sessions on CVs and teamwork. Building on your employability development plan in your second year means there is time to identify and fill gaps before you start applying for jobs.
Whether you want to work for a hotel chain, continue your studies or train in an area such as accountancy, this degree keeps your options open.
Did you know? Our Management School is quadruple-accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA and the Small Business Charter.
Year One Modules
- Employability and Careers
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Introduction to Financial Accounting for Managers
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Management, Organisations and Work: Key Issues and Debates
Year Two Modules
- Employability and Careers II
- Entrepreneurship: Discovery and Practice
- Introduction to Economics for Managers
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Spreadsheet Modelling for Management
Year Three Modules
- Business and Management in the 21st Century: Central Questions in the Global Economy, Ecology and Ethics
- Principles of Strategic Management
- Rethinking Leadership
- A-Level: BBB
- GCSE: Mathematics grade B or 5, English Language grade B or 5
- IELTS: 6.5 overall with at least 5.5 in each component.
- International Baccalaureate: 30 points overall with 15 points from the best 3 Higher Level subjects
- BTEC: Distinction, Merit, Merit
We welcome applications from students with a range of alternative UK and international qualifications, including combinations of qualification. Please contact us if you have any questions!
About the School
Lancaster University Leipzig is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK. LU Leipzig offers a range of degree programmes, with the university committed to providing the same academic quality and fu ... Read More