BSc (Hons) Applied Business Computing
2014 Intakes/Term dates
- 1 Feb. 2014 - 25 Apr. 2014
- 24 May 2014 -16 Aug. 2014
- 13 Sept 2014 - 6 Dec. 2014
- Provides in-depth knowledge of research topics relevant to a practical solution to a computing problem
- Critical understanding of the theory and practice of all stages of the development lifecycle of network systems, including: Requirements analysis, specification, implementation, testing, documentation and maintenance
- Teaches planning, scheduling, monitoring, control and critical evaluation of process and product in an individual project
- Research, design, implement, evaluate and document a substantial distributed system based Artefact
- Research, formulate and judge a range of possible solutions to given organizational/business/theoretical problems through the application of appropriate techniques
- Critical understanding of appropriate project management methodologies and tools
- Teaches techniques to be able to develop, evaluate and assess the feasibility of project proposals, utilizing appropriate tools, techniques and methods and apply effectively appropriate project control techniques
- Critical appreciation of human-centered approaches to system analysis, design, implementation and evaluation
- Strategic concepts for E-commerce
- E-Business models, Business Process Re-engineering and value chains
- Critical awareness of key research topics in Applied Business Computing
- Application and critical evaluation of human-centered design
To achieve the above award students will be required to complete the following 6 units over one year of study attending classes twice per week ( weekdays from 500pm to 8 pm or on Saturdays from 08 am to 11 am). 2 Units will be studied per term.
- Advanced databases
- Project Management
- User Experience Design
- Applied Multimedia
In addition to attending lectures with University of Sunderland approved lecturers, students will have access to the University online library. Attendance to classes is a requirement and assessments are set by the university and graded by the University.
The normal entry criteria for admission to the above Programme BSc (Hons) Applied Business Computing are that students have successfully completed a recognized Higher or Advanced Diploma or equivalent. This could be an Advanced Diploma in Computing or Information Systems, an EDEXCEL Higher National Diploma in Computing or related area or 240 credits or the equivalent of a recognized undergraduate award in a relevant discipline.
Completing Admission Process
- Complete the Admission form
- Provide 2 passport size photographs and certified copies of your academic credentials
- Provide your CV detailing your qualifications and work experiences
- Make application fee payment of KShs 2,000/- (two thousand only) by cash deposit direct to the College account or by cheque payment to INTEL COLLEGE.
- Submit items 1-4 above to the College Administrator
- Tuition Fee UK 3000 pounds payable in installments
- Local Fee KShs 30,000/-
Includes University online library membership, exam/assessment fees, use of internet, labs.
About the School
INtel College has been established since 1990 and offers courses in Business and in Computing. Our courses range from short part time courses all the way to degree Programmes - both Bachelors and Mast ... Read More