BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
The BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance course is ideal for anyone aiming for a career in this field. This course will provide you with essential financial and management accounting skills, as well as a strong, broad and practical knowledge of the world of finance. The overall aim of the programme is to enable students to acquire the skills relating to key inter-connected disciplines applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors. By the end of the three years, students should have developed a range of transferable skills that will assist them throughout the careers they choose.
The programme is structured across three levels and ensures that students gain a basic understanding of the world of business throughout the three years. The first year will tackle modules such as developing personal and management skills, financing accounting and cost accounting. You will also learn to develop essential decision-making skills which best support the growth of the enterprise. Level 5 will teach students about increasingly important business law and key ethical issues facing businesses today.
Other areas covered include the British tax system, management accounting, and decision-making skills. In their final year, students will learn the importance of audit, financial management and professional, statutory and current accounting issues.
Who is the Programme for?
This programme is aimed at anyone seeking a career in accounting and finance. This course will provide you with key skills in financial reporting and management accounting, and knowing how to apply these to inform good financial decision making in real business situations.
Employment Stats and USP’s
- Arden University has received 4.5* for student satisfaction
- Arden has supported 50,000 higher education learners over 26 years
- 96% of the graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduation
- 79% of the students saw their career improve as a direct result of their studies
- Arden University is regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government
- 96% of Arden University graduates are in employment 6 months after graduation
- Taught 100% in English
- Intensive, engaging and face-to-face teaching by industry experts
- Industry-relevant, 21st-century application
- International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented
- Flexible payment plans and early-bird discounts available
- Perfect city centre locations in Berlin
- Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
- 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
- Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA***.
- Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
- Berlin is the second-largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities for young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Upon completion of this undergraduate qualification, you will be prepared to enter a variety of business, financial and accounting roles.
Candidates equipped with a solid understanding of business management as well as financial knowledge and accounting skills are highly valued to many employers.
Some roles you might consider are:
- Finance Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Actuarial Analyst
- Investment Banking
- Tax Advisor
Flexible Payment Plans Available:
Arden University offer flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the cost of your programme fees across multiple instalments.
Year 1 (Level 4):
- Financial accounting
- Cost accounting
- Developing personal and management skills
- Business maths
- Understanding the business environment
- Managing information systems
Year 2 (Level 5):
- Business law
- British tax system
- Accounting and audit framework
- Financial reporting
- Management accounting
- Decision making
Year 3 (Level 6):
- Financial management
- Professional, statutory and current accounting issues
- Research methods & dissertation
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- For non-standard entry requirements, please contact us;
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
About the School
Here at GISMA, we are 100 percent committed to providing high-quality business education to those looking to further their career in various industry sectors. At Arden University, we are dedicated to ... Read More