Mechanical Engineers design and manufacture everything from smaller devices such as microwaves to larger systems such as automobiles and spacecraft. Mechanical Engineering applies mathematics, physics, and the principles of material science to the analysis, design, manufacture, and maintenance of mechanical systems. For this, a broad range of skills is needed, including the ability to model the mechanics of solids and fluids, as well as the flow of heat and energy.
In the first two years, students will focus on completing the university’s General Education Program (42 US credits / 84 ECTS), which introduces five thematic areas: communication, data and quantitative literature, scientific inquiry, arts and humanities, and social sciences. In the third and fourth years, students will focus on topics relevant to their major.
- Program length: 4 years / 8 semesters.
- Credits needed to earn the degree: 135 US credits / 270 ECTS
- GPA needed to earn the degree: 2.0 or higher
- Mechanical Engineer at a biomedical firm.
- Defense Contractor for any branch of the military.
- Automotive Plant Technology Expert in the automobile industry.
About the School
The American University of Malta (AUM) is an American-style university dedicated to higher education and research for an international community at the highest standard. The degree programs, research ... Read More