The Department of Business Administration offers a Bachelor of Science in Business, a Bachelor of Professional Studies in Applied Management (BPS – AM), and an Associate of Science in Business Administration. The business courses, programs, and degrees offered by the Department of Business Administration provide for career advancement. Moreover, they afford students the opportunity for research, internship, and professional enhancement.
The Department, along with the School of Business, has established liaisons with corporate, government, and community organizations to help students to achieve professional goals.
In addition, students who have either completed an associate’s degree from another institution; an associate’s degree in a discipline other than a business; or are nontraditional students returning to earn a bachelor’s degree with significant credits to transfer, may pursue the Bachelors of Professional Studies (BPS) in Applied Management, with areas of emphasis in:
- Business Services Administration;
- Health Services Administration; or
- Social Services Administration
After completing the BS in Business students should be able to:
- Describe the functional areas of a business
- Discuss critically the role of business in society
- Identify aspects of a business that contribute to the success
- Solve business problems in different areas and of various types using both quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Perform a SWOT analysis for a business
- Develop plans and strategies for a business
Medgar Evers College offers a unique range of classes that allows students to learn, grow, and explore their interest within a cordial and supportive campus community of distinguished scholars. With more than 20 majors to choose from, students are prepared for careers in fields such as business, health, social services, and education. Medgar Evers College offers flexible day, evening, and weekend schedules that allow students to work at their own pace to complete their degree. Located conveniently in central Brooklyn, Medgar Evers College is easily accessible by public transportation and to cultural, recreational, and entertainment venues.
To apply as a freshman, you must meet the following requirements:
- Show proof of high school completion. Official high school transcripts and diplomas, or official GED or TASC scores and certificates are accepted.
- Minimum academic requirement – High School average of 65 or 2250 on the GED or 2500 on the TASC. SAT/ACT scores (to be considered for entry into a four-year degree program)
- Provide proof of residency to qualify for in-state tuition.
- Pay $65 application fee
Applicants applying to a Bachelor’s program must have at least a high school GPA of 80 or a TASC score 2500 or a GED score of 2250 and the following scores: 480 on SAT Critical Reading or Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and 500 on SAT math, or 20 on ACT English and 21 on ACT math.
For more information about the curriculum, please access the college catalog.
About the School
Medgar Evers College has the distinction of being the youngest of the four-year senior colleges in The City University of New York. In the early 1960s, the Central Brooklyn community recognized the ne ... Read More