BS in Business Management
Program Contact: Dr. Duane Mitchell. You've always had an eye on the business world, haven't you? And why not? This world continues to offer a range of exciting opportunities in fields like accounting, finance, marketing and information technology. As a business management major, you'll be able to participate in some of those very possibilities. Help write business plans for new companies. Help people complete their individual tax returns. Create Web sites for firms throughout the region. You can also earn money with one of our paid internships. You may get the chance to intern at companies like Zippo Manufacturing Co., Northwest Savings, and Smith Barney. Then, when you graduate, you'll have a solid business experience to put on your resume. This can make the difference in launching a successful career like many of our alumni. Our graduates are working at Heinz, SONY, Nabisco, and Intel. Or, you can take what you've learned here and go to graduate school. What you can do with a degree in Business Management. Suggested 4-year plan of study.
Course Requirements in the Major
- PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
- COMPUTER APPLICATIONS FOR MANAGEMENT
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING CONCEPTS
- MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING CONCEPTS
- BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- CORPORATE FINANCE
- PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
- BUSINESS SOCIETY AND THE INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT
- CAPSTONE: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- Business Management Electives (9 cr)
Other Required Courses:
- INTRODUCTION TO MICROECONOMICS
- INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS
- STATISTICAL METHODS
- INTERMEDIATE MICROECONOMICS
- APPLIED CALCULUS
- PUBLIC SPEAKING
Total Credits for Major: 56
Pitt Freshman Guarantee: Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Science in Accounting Guarantees
Katz Graduate School of Business
- When you apply for admission, indicate Business on your application.
- Be in the top 10% of your high school graduating class and score 1350 (old test) or 1410 (new test) or higher on SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 31 ACT.
- If you attend a high school that does not rank but you have an "A" average and score 1350 (old test) or 1410 (new test) or higher on the SAT, you will be considered.
- Earn a business degree as a full-time undergraduate student at a University of Pittsburgh regional campus.
- Earn a cumulative GPA at the University of Pittsburgh of at least 3.5.
- For enrollment in the MBA program, you must achieve a score of 630 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) within three years prior to enrollment, have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience, and participate in a successful interview by the MBA admissions team. You must apply to the full-time or part-time MBA program after graduation from a regional campus.
- The GMAT is waived for the MS in accounting program. You must apply to the MS in accounting program during your senior year in business at a regional campus or after graduation from business.
- The offer of guaranteed admission for the MBA or MS in accounting program remains in effect for five years after graduation from a business major at a regional campus.
These are just some of the positions our recent graduates have. Jobs:
- East Coast Regional Sales Manager at American Refining Group, Bradford, PA
- Process Safety Management Coordinator at American Refining Group, Bradford, PA
- Marketing and Business Outreach Specialist Office Assistant at Clearfield County Economic Development Corporation Clearfield, PA
- Accounts Payable Analyst at Cutco, Olean, NY
- Senior Accounting Clerk-Client Invoicing at Dresser-Rand, Olean, NY
- Associate at CNB Bank, Bradford, PA
- Resolution specialist at Northwest Savings Bank
- Financial assistant at Carnegie Mellon University
- Accounts payable clerk at Olean Wholesale, Olean, NY
- Real estate broker at Giving Tree Reality, Matthews, NC
- Master of Business Administration at Stony Brook University
- Master of Science in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution at Columbia University
About the School
Pitt-Bradford is for students who want to earn a world-renowned degree in a personalized, supportive and friendly. You can choose from more than 40 majors and 50 minors, concentrations and pre-profe ... Read More