The Bachelor of Fine Arts | Digital Animation and Interactive Media Track is designed to launch students toward a successful career in visual effects for film and television, and emerging applications for 3D visualization and 3D animation. In this comprehensive program students will learn the fundamentals of animation design, and visual effects, and then apply this knowledge to 3D modeling, character animation, motion capture, character rigging, texture and lighting, compositing, etc. Finishing classes in surface texturing, rendering, dynamics, particles and MEL scripting will combine all that students have learned into an animation portfolio that will demonstrate their ability to create professional quality assets for film, television, video games, and more. Application Deadline is May 2st, 2015.
Before applying to the B.F.A. program the student must complete the following four B.A. courses. They must be completed or in the process of completion before applying for the B.F.A. degree. For course descriptions see Courses section.
- MART 101L Introduction to Media Arts - 3cr.
- MART 102 Digital Technology in the Arts - 3cr.
- MART 111A Integrated Digital Art - 3cr.
- MART 112A Intro to Film Editing - 3cr.
Year One (In the BA)
These classes may be taken in any order.
- MART 101L Intro to Media Arts - 3 cr.
- MART 102 Digital Technology in the Arts - 3 cr.
- MART 111A Integrated Digital Art - 3 cr.
- MART 112A Intro to Film Editing - 3 cr.
After the first year in the BA students accepted into the BFA will follow this track.
- MART 210 Creation of Media Story - 3 cr.
- MART 221 Fundamentals of Digital Image - 3 cr.
- MART 251 Digital Video Production Techniques - 3 cr.
- MART 330 Principals of Sound Design (online) - 3 cr.
- MART 302 Intro to Motion Design - 3 cr.
- MART 325 Intro to Animation - 3 cr.
- MART 445d Sound for Digital Media - 3 cr.
- MART 323 3D Motion Design - 3 cr.
- MART 305 3D Animation I - 3 cr.
- MART 340 Principles of Interactive Media - 3 cr.
- MART 333 3D Animation II - 3 cr.
- MART 440 Techniques of Interactive Media - 3 cr.
- MART 425 3D Motion Design II - 3 cr.
- MART 416 Pre-Production for Animation - 3 cr.
- MART 499 Senior Project - 3 cr.
- MART 450 Topics in Film/Media - 3 cr.
- MART 457 Post-Prod for Animation - 3 cr.
- MART 465 Special Projects - 3 cr.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017