Global Management and Manufacturing (GMM) is a management program with an emphasis on global business development. With this degree, you will get technical knowledge and strengthen your international interpersonal skills. Moreover, you will learn about management and economy combined with cultural understanding.
Four core competence areas
The main content of the study program is based on four main themes:
- Supply chain management – production and operations management
- Business management
- International orientation and cultural understanding
- Personal skills.
International environment and teaching
The study program is taught in English and is set in an international environment of both Danish and international students. This adds a large degree of freedom to your studies. It is, for example, unproblematic to study abroad for one or two semesters. We have a major network of industrial partners and partner universities throughout the world.
Although GMM is taught in English this does not necessarily imply that we expect flawless English from your very first day. The general idea is that you strengthen your linguistic skills during your studies.
Thus, while from the start you must be able to communicate well in English you will get plenty of opportunities to improve your linguistic skills through dialogue with teachers and fellow students.
The Bachelor of Engineering program in Global Management and Manufacturing is a seven-semester program, including a five-month internship in a foreign or Danish company and a final five-month project, which you prepare in cooperation with a company.
Each semester is based on the main theme which will be the focal point for the semester's theory and project work. From the very beginning of the study period, you will be part of a project group working with projects which often use problems faced by companies as a starting point.
Today, more and more manufacturing companies operate on an international level – nowhere does distance and borders mean as little as they do in the cooperate world. As a GMM engineer, you are equipped for international jobs.
With a Bachelor of Engineering diploma in Global Management and Manufacturing, you have opportunities within:
- Production planning and management
- International logistics
- Management across borders
- Establishment and management of global production networks
As a GMM engineer, you can work with:
- Planning and control of production in a global production network
- Transfer of Danish product principles to subsidiaries abroad
- International logistics
- Building a global corporate culture
- Planning and implementation of the strategy for global business development
- Optimizing the company’s supply chain
- Contact with large customers
- Planning of outsourcing and purchase
- Management of production, distribution, and transport
- Product development
- Development of business strategies
You might also be expatriated for Danish or international companies.
About the School
University of Southern Denmark has created an institution of higher research and education which provides first-class educational opportunities and is cooperation partner for both public and private b ... Read More